The one thing that all people of 21st century understand well is stress. We have problems with everything, be it job, friends or family. We get stressed at every other crossing and given the lifestyle and pressure; we do not manage it well. Our body can handle only a certain amount of stress and post that we need to learn new and effective ways to deal with it effectively.
On the contrary, it is said that stress or anxiety makes your central nervous system more active and enhances your immunity. However, your bodies need to learn better and effective ways to cope with chronic stress. The excess amount of tension can lean your body towards faster aging, and being highly susceptible to diseases. Thus, the key is to understand the importance of relaxing reliably comes into the picture.
It won’t be a long shot to say that stress and relaxation, both go quite deep. As a matter of fact, many researchers suggest that relaxation has the power to alter genetic expression which involves inflammation, programmed cell death, and free radical neutralization. The longevity of your life totally depends on how well you relax and rejuvenate your body. In modern times, there are also various electric heating packs available that might help you relax your tired and sore muscles.
That is why this blog’s primary motto is to share some proven relaxation techniques to help you overcome the stress that life puts on you daily.
- Aromatherapy – This technique is at least a couple of thousand years old and helps in reducing stress, lowers blood pressure, and promotes instant relaxation. It has been scientifically proven that some essential oils like lavender or chamomile work as instant mood enhancers and induce better sleep quality.
Nowadays, it has become easy to utilize this technique as there are various diffusers available in the market that you can pick up and enjoy the fragrances of your choice.
- Always say yes to a massage (even when you have to give one) – It is no news that massages help in relaxation. This technique has been used by everyone at least once in their life. You can ask your significant other to massage you and you can do the same to him/her. It is not just a nice way to spend time with each other but you get to relax, reduce the pain, anxiety and also promote immunity. Isn’t it interesting?
You can also use various heating or cooling packs to soothe the sore muscles; this will instantly help in you calming down.
- Inhale deeply – There is no surprise here. Just understand the basic concept of breathing, when you draw shallow and rapid breaths, your chest area indicates stress; however, if you take long deep breaths coupled with the involvement of diaphragm, it definitely reduces the stress and increases antioxidant activity in your body.
- Change your perception of thought – It has been said numerous times that our reaction to the situation is what counts the most. That is why you don’t need to give stress the kind of importance it wants. Sometimes, we have to consciously reappraise the entire situation by not meeting it at the head. When we bury ourselves in stress, that’s when it starts getting more important and enjoys the power that we give it. Thus, it is essential that we change our perspective by learning constructive virtues like tolerance and patience.
- Apply logic to solve the stressful situation – It is very common that any time a stressful situation comes into the light we start hyperventilating without understanding its impact on our lives. If we can just a take moment and think of the consequences of the situation, it might help us to take the edge off and we can certainly see the relatively benign consequences it might have. So, just take that one moment to measure the dire outcomes and the ways it might not be that stressful if you can think it through.
- Help others, always – It is no rocket science to understand that socializing helps keep the stress at bay. If you are involved with your friends and family and you help them out with various problems, you might just get the idea of dealing with something similar when it happens to you. Also, you might end up getting immunized against the harmful effects of stress.
- Avoid screens before bedtime – It is highly probable that you might end up messing with the whole idea of getting a better sleep if you spend too much time in front of the screens like TV, laptop, or iPad. Spending too much time before your bedtime will not only affect your sleep time but also with its quality. Researchers say that this activity suppresses Melatonin, a hormone that induces sleep in your body and its suppression can impair immunity, increase the risk of cancer, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease. So, when the consequences are so severe, you would want to cut your time with the screens, at least right before you sleep.
- Enjoy some green tea – As you know this beverage holds numerous health benefits and is quite adequately available in the market. When you consume it daily it has shown that it reduces the stress levels as it contains amino acid L-theanine and ascorbic acid which are considered as effective stress busters.
Apart from all these ways to reduce and manage stress, you can always listen to some music which also enhances your mood, or you can take long idle walk in the park, or you can always indulge in some nice hot long bath, or you can use an electric heating pack and lie down while it works its magic on you.
All these techniques have been very successful in keeping people healthy and distressed. Which one would you like to pick?